Saturday, March 9, 2013

Easter Mantle

I created an Easter mantle this year. I usually just do a "spring" mantle, but...

 It all started when I scored a huge amount of plastic speckled eggs on a garage sale site.  I bought 10 boxes of 16 for $6.  I knew I HAD to make an egg wreath for next year.  Eight months later, I finally got to use them...
 I hot glued eggs to a styrofoam wreath form and then I took some burlap ribbon (the kind with rough edges) and shoved it in between the eggs to fill in any major gaps.  It looks like grass from a nest. 

 I found the blue milk can at the Habitat for Humanity Home Store for $1, the green wire basket at Goodwill for $1, the burlap is a random scrap. 
 The candle holders are both consignment finds for less than $5 each.  I painted both with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and distressed and waxed. The boxwood topiaries are from save-on_crafts.com.  They were a splurge for me, for sure, but are very beautiful in person and will get a ton of use.  Warning: This website is super addicting! I just hope my Hubby doesn't read this and go see how much they actually cost vs. what I told him ;)

The cheese box was a vintage find for $6.  I had the flowers down in my craft room and I just sort of scattered my leftover eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment