Monday, September 29, 2014

Antique Buffet

I found this beauty on a Facebook garage sale page...  A steal, in my opinion, for only $75.  Swoon...  Just look at those legs... That detail on the bottom & top. Oy. I originally bought it with plans to paint it and resell it. By the time we got it loaded in the back of the truck and home, my husband said "we're keeping this one right?"  THAT. NEVER. HAPPENS. 


It had a few small issues to deal with. It had a kind/sorta repaired crack in it.  


They tried to fill it with glue, I think.  At least that's what it looked like. I fix that spot and there were quite a few places that the veneer was chipped that needed filled, making this buffet a perfect candidate for paint!  


The top was a beautiful medium brown color, and was in pretty decent condition.  So, I sanded down all of the scratches and gave it a new coat of poly acrylic. 

Then I went to work filling in the chipped veneer areas. 


Once I was done sanding these areas smooth, I went to work with some paint!

I chose Country Chic Paint in Vanilla Frosting. A warm, creamy white. 


I've been experimenting with this paint line. I'm planning to become a retailer in the very near future. 


Some progress...


I sprayed the original hardware with Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze. 


Here it is in my entryway with some fall decor. I'll post an updated picture as soon as decorate for the holidays. I can't wait to set up some sort of vignette on it!  





1 comment: